in collaboration with diversophy®
– every 1st Thursday, at 5 pm UTC* –
This is an open intercultural workshop series and everyone is welcome!
Choose and join:
Intercultural workshop series attended by participants from all over the world. We play diversophy® games, explore specific cultures and topics, share our diverse experiences and cultural perceptions, and learn from each other – without judgment, with respect for everyone. The aim is to encourage mutual discovery and discussion, to know and understand each other better, and to get enriched by what we discover.
This workshop series does not claim to be exhaustive or to promote a single truth about a given social group or specific culture. Within the same countries there are differences from one region or social group to another, and from generation to generation. It is up to you to explore further.
The incoming culture / topic
5 January: Make the best of your time based on “Elderwise Guys” diversophy® game, developed by George Simons
Here is a toast to our possibilities!
Looking for #inspiration to improve your life and work towards achieving a personal goal? See these two:
💡 “Happiness is found when we stop comparing ourselves to others.”
💡 “There needs to be an overall balance between getting things done and taking care of relationships.”
Join us for more!
This is a game to make you think and share stories about the challenges and opportunities of time. An occasion to meet and exchange experiences with participants from different parts of the world.
Following on the successful Manhood diversophy® games, also by Dr. George Simons, this mini-game focuses on a man’s journey into the coming years. For the purpose of this workshop, cards were selected that can inspire anyone, regardless of background
Feedback from participants
- I was immediately captivated by this game, since my 1st session, not only because the cards were so beautifully designed that they inspired you to share, even if you had minimal experience and knowledge. But most importantly, I was fascinated by all these different (diverse) opinions and views and people, mixed together, sharing together, coming together. Vicky Margari
- It is indeed a great way to create a safe space for exchange and getting to know each other and learning more about oneself. It was a nice way to have everyone open up and share. Nandita Rothermund-Bucher
- I had my first diversophy® Zoom call last Thursday and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I’ve been looking at the games and am so impressed! I look forward to exploring this brilliant concept and way you have brought it to life in such a fun way!! Alannah Sinclaire
- This is an innovative way of learning and developing social skills. Besides, I want to highlight that diversophy® could help to understand we are all global citizens and, therefore, to build respect and tolerance among all of us to make the world a better and peaceful place. I like that the games go deeper into the cultures, it does not stay on the superficial part about a culture. This is the best way to really get familiar with cultural values and behaviors. The game is a good way to practice English for non-native speakers. María Camila Vergara Salgado
- Thank you so very much! These thoughtful games and the warm, international community make my life more interesting and enjoyable! Rima Litke
- Playing “diversiDARE” (on one of the diversophy® game sessions) has encouraged me to feel okay with being vulnerable in stating an opinion. It has shown me how I can sometimes respond to certain words or ideas – as if from a script: X has been said I must say Y! Instead of always following the wisdom: “Seek first to understand, then to be understood.” Playing “diversiDARE” has made me curious about myself and what I believe and why and it has made me even more curious about others and what they believe and why and how to mind the gap. Join us to experience it for yourself! Annabelle Bee Baumann
Previous culture / topic